Using effective visuals will power up your communications, boost engagement, and spark up your social media. That’s why you must integrate visual content into your marketing strategy and communications – Simple!
Communicating does no good if it’s not retained by your audience.
A few convincing stats for you
1) Researchers found that coloured visuals increase people’s willingness to read a piece of content by 80%.
2) When people hear information, they’re likely to remember only 10% of that information three days later. However, if a relevant image is paired with that same information, people retained 65% of the information three days later.
3) 46% of marketers say photography is critical to their current marketing and storytelling strategies.
4) Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without relevant images.
5) Visual content is more than 40X more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content.
Not convinced? You should be … studies show our brains not only process visuals faster, but they retain and transmit much more information when it’s delivered visually
Don’t be afraid to be creative, to tell a story, to show your personality! People buy people and visuals are a BIG part of showing you AND your business off to your very best.
Want to see what happened on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday …. Click Here
So why am I so crazy about visuals? Well, a few reasons actually, visuals:
- are simple
- are creative
- transcend language barriers
- convey a message in an easy way
- support information, data, and concepts
- take less time to understand and read through
- provide a good summary of information, data, and concepts
- we are visual beings and most of the information we consume/ interpret is visual
There is so much to say on this subject – sourcing of images (if you know where to go they really don’t have to cost anything, yes ANYTHING!), quality (PLEASE no stock photos!), Sizing (so important, don’t ruin the impact of a great image by being sloppy), what to look out for in the perfect image (subject, colouring, void spaces) and the technical skills to make it a perfect picture (editing, what you can do with a simple laptop and some top tips!) …. etc, etc, etc.
We’ll cover it all, eventually!